Monday, June 23, 2008

Some Kind of Record

The tally thus far:

Panera
Hollywood Video
Best Buy
Lowes
Tim Walz Campaign
DFL
Jack Nelson Pallmeyer Campaign
Landscaper at the Mall
Cub Foods
Tunetown
DQ
Barnes and Noble
Hallmark
Tradehome
GNC
Payless
PetCo
US Bank
Wells Fargo
Jimmy Johns
Noodles
Inta-Juice
Chipotle
Coldstone
BioLife
Wal-Mart
Sam's Club
Best Western
Alltell
Best Buy (Loss Prevention)
TGIFs
Portrait Studio, Wal-Mart
The Hub
Mall Movie Theater
Happy Joe's
Buffalo Wild Wings (Hill Top)
Drummers
Captain Jack's Liquor
Scheels
Kwik Trip (x5)
Home Depot (x11)
Express Personnel
Famous Footware


At the end of the latest round of job searching (those ones at the end aren't submitted yet) I'll have applied 43 places for 59 positions with 5 interviews and still no job.

This has to be some kind of record.

**UPDATE: WE HAVE A WINNER! Thank you, Express Personnel Services of North Mankato, MN!!! They had a job for me: factory work at MRCI, Monday-Friday, 8.50/hr. I start Wednesday!

But it gets BETTER: the place is literally a ten minute walk from my apartment- and MRCI needs people through AUGUST! So if I work my butt off and really impress them (and for a job this good that pays this much this close to where I live, you better believe I'm gonna) I could conceivably (cross fingers, everyone!) have a job for the rest of the summer!

No comments: