Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!

TrekFest in Riverside was this weekend! And they've unveiled a new Trek Museum! It's like a haven of geek-i-ness in Iowa! Though, Trekker that I am, I have to say with some shame that in all my years in Iowa City, I never once went to Trek Fest. I feel like I've let the side down a little bit, so I guess there's nothing for it but to get every single season of Star Trek: The Next Generation off of Netflix and watch them. Ali will probably strangle me, but it'd be a nice nerd-out.

To be safe, I'd probably save them for when she has a girls weekend now and again.

P.S. For the uninformed: Riverside, IA is about twenty minutes or so south of Iowa City and has gained a certain amount of fame because when James T. Kirk let slip in Star Trek IV that he was from Iowa, Riverside wrote the Gene Roddenberry and asked for the honor of being his future birthplace. Roddenberry said yes, so the town is now the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk. A sort of retroactive historical attraction. Or something complicated like that.

No comments: