Friday, June 13, 2008

Flood Updates IV, 6-13-2008

Street closings in Iowa City are accelerating and bridges are being closed rapidly- I talked to my sister (who lives out in Coralville) and she said that they were probably going to close I-80 at some point and that she was transferring over to Mom and Dad's place on the other side of the river. (She also said they weren't letting people passed Des Moines, but I don't have any confirmation of that, though it wouldn't surprise me.) Emergency responders are also dividing up, anticipating that the city will effectively be cut in two at some point.

The Des Moines situation appears to be a little better: evacuations are in place, but officials are predicting that the levees, although taxed will continue to hold. The Des Moines Register also has it that Cedar Rapids could be flooded up to 10 more days.

The latest from the Gazette as well, here.

No comments: