Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last Lecture



Stumbled across this over the course of the past couple of days. Randy Pausch, a Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, given maybe 3 months to live- and he gave one last, public lecture before he 'retired' to be with his family. He died last Friday.

So I found this lecture on youTube, watched it and was impressed. This guy was a teacher beyond compare and I wish I could say that I knew anything about computer science so I could understand some more of what this guy is saying.

This is vastly useful stuff but not in the vein of 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' or anything from Oprah's Book Club. It's rock solid advice on life that everyone should take the time to listen to/watch. It's not a waste of time.

No comments: