Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Britain Needs Churchill.

Or Thatcher. Pronto. Someone with some cojones (either biological ones or just a low tolerance for bullshit and other nonsense, whichever works). Anyway, Rachel Lucas flung up a bunch of articles about incidents in Britain that made me want to puke and this latest one is no exception. I just have to shake my head and wonder- I mean, maybe I've been in America too long. Maybe I should ask the relatives what they think and get some opinions from people who actually live there. Yeah. I think I'll do that....

It's worth noting that when I went to Dunkirk on vacation, the beach was bleak and historical and the Memorial Plaque had the words 'Les Arabes= SIDA' (Arabs=AIDS) scrawled on the back with spray paint. It was, I thought, a pretty good slap in the face to all the people who had died on the beach. So defacing war memorials is not just a thing for British young punks, apparently.

More on this topic later. I'm going to consult with the relatives and see what they think.

**UPDATE: After some thought, I think I'm going to launch a full-scale investigation into this to be published at a later date. After all, a good blogger goes straight to the source (apologies to Rachel Lucas, but I wanna read for myself) and a good journalist tries to get decent sources. And as I don't live in the UK, I'm not really in the position to speak to the veracity of these reports. Lucky for me, I gots some connections over there. Only pretty much my entire family.

So I'll ask them. And stay tuned for your first ever 'Crosseyed and Painless' Investigation as soon as I have a free minute to bother a few of them and get some answers out them.

No comments: