Monday, July 14, 2008

If you need another reason...

...not to vote for John McCain, sink your teeth into the latest one:
I think that we’ve proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no, I don’t believe in gay adoption

Double-you-tee-eff, man! You're automatically assuming that there aren't two capable parents when it comes to gay adoption? Two people in a couple, gay or straight equals two parents in my book. And I think it's a bit hypocritical given the fact that McCain is on marriage number 2 to preach about parenthood or marriage for that matter. He put his kids through a divorce- and maybe it was better in the long run, but don't tell me that kids aren't affected by that- even if it better for all concerned, because they are. This, to me is blatantly discriminatory and a truly lame-ass attempt to pander to the radical right.

Oh and bonus! I'll give you another reason not to vote for John McCain:
But he declined to take a specific position when asked whether only evolution should be taught in public schools. “It’s up to the school boards,” he said. “That’s why we have local control over education.” Mr. McCain has said he believes in evolution.

While I'm glad he believes in evolution, the old 'local control' dodge is another pander to his base, but I'd sure like a Republican to grow a set and smack down this silly anti-evolution crap that runs through their party at the moment. The anti-evolution thing pisses me off because evolution says nothing about who (or how) life began. Not a thing. Evolution and religious belief can totally co-exist, that is unless you're a literalist when it comes to the Bible. Unless you want to view the creation story as a metaphor of sorts, I guess: 7 days for God could be... how many in human years? No one knows.

But still, bad McCain! No gay adoption, no pay equity and now mushiness on evolution? The reasons keep piling up.

No comments: