Friday, December 5, 2008

Pour Me A Double!

Well isn't this just great?

The search continues, I guess. In the meantime, some music to rally the spirits:



'My friend's got a girlfriend and he hates that schnitch?' Hmmm...



Not exactly the message I'm going for- but God knows I'm underpaid and overworked. But then again, that just sounds like general whining, because these days, who isn't? In my case, however, the paltry $9.10 an hour the school district ponys up is really not cutting it anymore. I need a second job (or preferably a better one).



I remember this one from 'Batman Forever.' First time I ever heard the Flaming Lips- and I had no idea who they were until, well, recently. Which says a lot about how I find new music, but that's beside the point. The lyrics to the song aren't cheerful, but the sentiment totally works for me right now: 'All my bad days WILL end.'

Anyway, the search continues. My sister claims that there are a lot of jobs in Iowa City right now. Hope that's true.

No comments: