Friday, December 5, 2008

Paper Cuts!

Bad economic news apparently has no boundaries- there's been a round of bad news for newspapers over the past couple of days- KSTP and the Star Tribune have announced job cuts, the Rocky Mountain News is for sale and might actually close and the Des Moines Register has announced cuts as well.

All in all, about 30 daily newspapers are for sale across the country.

I sort of wish it wasn't so... I love writing and despite my non-journalism related degrees, I was sort of toying with the idea of making a run at busting into journalism. If you love to write, it sort of makes sense to find a job that allows you to write every day. I'm not sure I'd be down with writing under a deadline every single day, but it'd be experience, it'd be... well, just interesting.

Why can't I be interested in industries that are actually growing?

No comments: